Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions form the basis on which you can visit us and our website. Please read them carefully as they contain important information.
These terms and conditions were last updated on Sunday 18th September 2016
General terms and conditions
The site is owned and operated by Bruce The Bed King Orford Ltd of 127 - 129 Orford Lane, Warrington Cheshire WA2 7AR. If you have any queruies about these terms and conditions please contact us at email@example.com or 01925 577760 or fax 01925 576665.
- The contract between us
We must recieve payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be processed. Payment of the price for the goods represents an offer on your part to purchase the goods, which will be accepted by us only when the goods are dispatched. Only at this point is a legally binding contract created between us.
- Acknowledgement of your order
To enable us to process your order, you will need to provide us with your email address and telephone number. We will notify you by email or telephone as soon as possible to confirm receipt of your order and to confirm details. For the avoidance of doubt, this correspondance does not constitute a contract between us.
- Ownership of rights
All rights including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to Bruce The Bed King Orford LTF. Any use of this website or its contents including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or repost anything on this website with any purpose.
- Accuracy of Content
We have taken care in the preperation of the content on this website, in particular, to ensure that the prices quoted are correct at the time of publishing and that all goods have been described accurately. However orders will only be processed if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this website. Any weights, dimensions and capacites given about the goods are approximate only.
- Damage to your computer
We try to ensure that this website is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this website or any websites accessible through it will not cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the website. Except in the case of neglegence on our part we will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
All orders are subject to acceptance and availablity. If the goods you have ordered are not available from stock, we will contact you by e-mail or phone (if you have given us those details). You will have the option either to wait until the item is available from stock or to cancel your order.
- Ordering Errors
You are able to correct errors on your order up to the point which you click on 'submit' during the ordering process.
The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out on our website. All prices are inclusive of VAT at the current rates and are correct at the time of entering information.
- Payment Terms
We will take payment upon receipt of your order from your credit or debit card. We accept no liability if a delivery is delayed because you did not give us the correct payment details. If it is not possible to obtain full payment for the goods from you, then we can refuse to process your order and/or suspend any further deliveries to you. This does not affect any other rights we may have.
- Delivery Charge
Delivery charges vary depending on the types of goods ordered.
- Our delivery charges are set out during the checkout process of the website where you can review your order.
- You will be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations.
- Please note that we are only able to deliver to addresses within the United Kingdon but exluding the Isle of Wight, the Isle of Man, the Scottish Isles, parts of Scotland, Northen Iireland and the Channel Islands.
- Certain items may only be delivered within the local area of Warrington and the northwest areas. We apologise for any inconvenience. If you are unsure please telephone us in the first instance before making a purchase (01925 577760).
- We will deliver the goods to the address you specify for delivery in your order. It is important that the address is accurate. Please be precise about where you would like the goods left if you are out when we deliver. We cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage to goods once they have been delivered in accordance with your delivery instructions (Unless this iis caused by our neglegence). We will aim to deliver the goods by the date quoted for deliver but delivery times are not guaranteed and therefore time is not of the essence. In any event, we will aim to deliver your goods within 30 days from the day after the day in which the order is processed. If delivery is delayed beyond this time, we will contact you and either agree a mutually acceptable alternative date, or offer you a full refund.
- You will become the owner of the goods when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be held liable for their loss or destruction.
- Risk and Ownership
Risk of damage to or loss of the goods passes to you at the time of delivery to you. You will only own the goods once they have been successfully delivered.
- Cancellation Rights
- Under the consumer protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 you have the legal right to cancel your order up to 7 working days after the day on which you recieve your goods (with the exception of any made to order items) when ordered by telephone only. However, you will need to notify us in writing, if there is any fault or any other durable medium for which to cancel your order. (See point 13.3) We can not give money back, refunds or exchange goods such as beds, mattresses or bedding etc. due to hygeine if they are out of their packaging or have been used. As soon as the product has been unpackaged, you accept the goods provided and we reserve the right to refuse exchange unless goods appear faulty in any way, in which case please refer to the Sale of Goods act 1979. Please note, proof of purchase and defect may be required to investigate further and is only applicable within the manufacturers 12 month guarantee (or otherwise stated).
- Due to hygeine purposes, we do not accept returns for any goods, unless the goods are faulty. We will then exchange like for like but only if the goods are under guarantee. We do not give refunds or exchanges for change of mind or other reasons not stated above.
- You cannot cancel your contract if the goods you have ordered are bespoke (i.e. made to order), or if you have taken any bedding, pillows, duvets or similar out of the sealed package in which it was delivered to you in. (This also includes mattresses, divan bases, beds, furniture at our discretion)
- if you have recieved the goods before your contract then you must send all of the goods back to our contact address at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery, you should not unpack the goods when they are recieved by you and you must send the goods back to us at our contact address at your own risk and cost.
- Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited by us from your credit or debit card with be re-credited to your account as soon as possible, and in any event within 30 days of cancellation.
- Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to process your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered
- We do not deliver to your area; or
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information recieved by us from the suppliers.
- If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by email and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 30 days.
We reserve the right to process your order if:
- If you do not receive your goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date which you ordered them and decide to cancel your order rather than re-arrange delivery (in accordance with clause 11), we will provide you with a full refund.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these terms and conditions. We do not accept liability if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations set out in these terms and conditions by anything you (or anyone acting with your express or implied authority) does or fails to do, or is due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- Furthermore, we do not accept liability for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to: lost data, lost profits, lost revenues or business interruption.
- You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
- Not withstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intented to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights, also that may not be to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. (e.g under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)) relating to faulty and/or misdescribed goods.
Unless otherwise expressingly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent to our contact address at Bruce The Bed King Orford Ltd, 127 orford Lane, Warrington, Cheshire, WA2 7AR and all notices from us to you will displayed on our website from time to time.
- Changes to legal notices
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should look through them as often as possible. A notice at the top of this page indicates the last time the terms and conditions were updated.
- Law, jurisdiction and language
This website, any content contained therein and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website are governed by and constructed in accordance with English law. Parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.
If any parts of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we excluse our liability to you) the enforeability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
- Third party rights
Nothin in this Agreement is intended to, nor shall it confer any rights on a third party.